Finished the little shoes for Dulcinea yesterday. I added elastic instead of yarn for the button clasp, since I don’t know the size of baby ankles and wanted it to be as secure an comfortable as possible. I used a nice soft cotton that I got at my favorite yarn store. I had ordered yarn on Etsy, and intended on making them two colors, but one of them never came (my one negative experience so far with that site) and the other was a bit rougher than I wanted for baby booties, so I was forced to improvise. I hope the baby actually wears them, I think they’ll make great fall slippers. I used the saartjes bootees pattern from ravelry.

Advertisements